HENI is an international art services business working with leading artists and estates across crypto-art, publishing, print-making, digital, film and art research. We focus on the individual artist and their work, offering art services including printing and reproduction, digital management, events, mounting, logistics, and fine art photography.
Our growing technical team contains a set of very capable Engineers, Data Scientists, DevOps and supporting staff. We constantly tackle new and challenging problems – some of these solutions have involved developing our own in-house tools using machine learning, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality. Utilising modern cloud infrastructure and coding practices, we pride ourselves in exceeding the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. Using the very best tools, frameworks and programming standards, including TDD, BDD and Acceptance Criteria Testing, we aim to create a technical team that leads by example and excels in clean, readable and modular code.
We are looking for DevOps Engineers to join our engineering teams (preferably mid-level or senior-level candidates). HENI prides itself in delivering next-generation solutions to the Art world in the creation, deployment and maintenance of highly accessible technical applications and tools. Responsibilities include aiding in the day-to-day task in ensuring our systems are deployed with minimal downtime, as well as running the best architecture on scalable and redundant systems. You will work closely with our data engineers, data scientists, and developers with their data pipelines and deployment.
This will be a full-time permanent role, with the flexibility to work from home.
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
- Implements streaming analysis algorithms to generate question focused data sets (QFDs).
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open-source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimise errors encountered.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience as DevOps Engineer in agile development teams, preferably working with smaller entrepreneurial businesses
- Must be proficient in IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Must be familiar with AWS Services – including but not limited to CloudFormation/CDK, EC2, ElastiCache, Lambda, RDS, Serverless, S3, ASC etc.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as
- GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, BitBucket Pielines or Jenkins
- Understanding around automation, how to scale, and Python scripts
- Significant experience with Linux / Unix operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Python
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges
- Work with a modern tech stack and the latest frameworks
- Have your say – a real chance to influence the tech stack
- Working with a company that uses the most up to date blockchain technology
- Get involved in a variety of projects, see how they develop into polished products and services
- Flexible & fully remote working options – you choose where you work
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Full private healthcare
- Visa + relocation support
- Learning budget for personal development