Part of the HENI group since 2016, Prudence Cuming was established in 1967 as a photographic studio specialising in fine art. Prudence Cuming works with museums, institutions, artists, designers and private collectors, and has a wealth of experience photographing objects ranging from paintings to sculpture and luxury goods. Prudence Cuming provides a complete and bespoke photographic service, including photography, filming, retouching, 3D Design, scanning and digital printing, working from their studio in Mayfair, London or on location.
We are looking for a Digital Archive Manager to create systems and manage the digital assets of Prudence Cuming/Heni groups companies and departments. You will be very hands on in the beginning and moving to a more managing position once archive is up and running.
This is a great opportunity for someone to owa a large and interesting project.
- Unifying all data into one accessible platform for all our digital images and film data
- Taking a hands-on role in the operation of all Archive services
- Providing strategic direction and develop policies
- Leading on the adoption of digital technology for cataloguing and conservation
- Responding to external and internal enquiries about the Archive collections
- Managing the budget for all Archive activities, including income generation and any special projects
- Significant experience working in an archive environment, especially digital collections
- Postgraduate degree in Archives Management or equivalent
- An effective and empathetic manager of people and teams
- Familiarity with Archive Standards including BS.4971, ISAD(G), ISAAR(CPF) and TNA Standard for Record Repositories
- Familiarity with a variety of archive databases, Microsoft applications and archival search engines
- Experience of implementing or maintaining Digital Asset Management systems specifically in the collections, Archives or museums sector
- Proactive, self-motivated individual who makes decisions and solve challenges
- Work accurately with strong attention to detail and be flexible
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, able to tailor information to audience (user, technical and management)
- Able to effectively plan and organise projects
Please note salary is entirely dependent on experience.